Last modified: April 23, 2014
BioDatomics respects your privacy and we are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the BioDatomics website (our “Site”) and/or subscribe to and use BioDT SaaS. This policy also describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Site;
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and our Site; and
- Through the subscription to and use of BioDT SaaS.
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Site and BioDT SaaS, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you;
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site and usage details; and
- Your usage of BioDT SaaS, including core hours used, data stored, tools and workflows used.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us; and
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site or use BioDT SaaS.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to BioDT products or services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site or with BioDT SaaS;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and BioDT SaaS, and the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Site.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties. Such contributions to our Site are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. This means that we cannot and do not guarantee that your contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. We do not sell or otherwise provide information about you to third parties for purposes of marketing.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with notices about your subscription, including expiration and renewal notices;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To create reports regarding the number of users or other related statistical non-identifying information that we determine to be relevant to our management, Board and investors.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated (non-personalized) information about our users without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of BioDatomics, LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by BioDatomics, LLC’s about our Site and BioDT SaaS users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of BioDatomics, LLC, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page.