Open Positions // Bioinformatician
BioDatomics is a developer of NGS data analysis software and services. The company has a new opportunity for candidates at the post-doctoral level. The Post-Doc will create pipelines using BioDatomics’ BioDT platform to analyze a variety of molecular data types (e.g. gene expression, RNAseq, NGS, microRNA, CNV, etc.) in the context of clinical information. A primary task is to help the team to build and/or leverage existing translational “omics” tools, data analysis pipelines, and workflows to process and help analyze large volumes of data being generated for several important research and clinical areas, including cancer, muscular dystrophy, neurological disorders, and preterm birth.
Candidates must have recent M. Sc., Ph.D., or M.D/Ph.D. in Computational Biology/ Bioinformatics, Human Genomics, Statistical genetics, Molecular Biology, or Biochemistry.
Desired Skills and Experience:
A familiarity with pipelining platforms, bioanalytical toolsets, and a background in pipeline development, and bioinformatics methods is necessary. A successful candidate will have a proven track record of creativity and productivity, and be a highly motivated independent thinker. Previous experience in a clinical or basic research setting in the analysis of genomics data (e.g. next gen sequencing, gene and miRNA expression, metabolomics, pathway modeling etc.) is required. Must be able to work independently as well as on multi-disciplinary teams.
Other desired experience in any of the following:
- Computational biology/bioinformatics background with knowledge of cancer biology, neurology, familial genetics, human genomics, Trio analysis, SNP analysis, GWAS, etc.
- Experience in working with high throughput genomics data from multiple sources.
- Clinical trial experience and an understanding of disease biology at the molecular level.
- Statistical genetics experience.
- Interested in applying NGS technologies to discoveries in cancer genomics and familial diseases.
- Demonstrated ability to drive scientific research and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Adept at coming up with new ideas and solutions and to adapt to new technologies and changing priorities.